How To Grill A Perfect Steak?
There are many stories about the origin of such dish as steak. Some of them are true, and some are false. People, very often, think that steak is a piece of meat, roasted over the open fire, or in the oven, and confuse them with the usual chop. So what is the origin of steak?
In the days of Ancient Rome, people used to commit ritual sacrifices. The priests were roasting, on grills, large pieces of beef in order to lay them on the sacrificial altar. One of the priests took a piece of meat, intending to move it, but the meat was too hot and slipped out of his hands. Immediately, he raised his hands to his lips to cool them, and noticed that the fingers had specific smell. He got struck by a wonderful aroma, and could not resist to try it.
Due to this, the priest, without knowing it, became the discoverer of the steaks. Since ancient time, steak has been considered as a piece of beef, cooked on an open fire.
What is steak for us? Steak is a pretty simple dish, but why it is so widely popular? The fact that the steak is not just fried piece of meat, on an open fire, but a whole culture – the skill of butchering the carcass to the special atmosphere created in the cooking process.
How to make a proper steak? Today we would like to share some key tips with you.
So, let’s get started.
- Frying pan should be dry. Bring steak to room temperature.
- Don’t forget to preheat oven to 180C
- Heat frying pan until smokes slightly.
- Brush steak with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, black pepper, and other spices.
- When the pan is ready – lay your steak in.
- Sear, each side, 2-3 minutes
- After steak seared from both sides – put frying pan into the oven
- Lay steak onto plate. Let it rest for 5 minutes before cutting.
However, if you don’t want to get into the hassle of lighting the charcoal & grilling, then, pop in to THE MALL, JUMEIRAH & try various palate-tickling delicacies at SAHARA GRILL!
BE OUR GUEST!!!
A little knowledge can help you reach “the heaven of shopping & leisure”. A place you never want to miss to visit.